Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Me me me - yeah what about it?!

Alrighty - looks like I've let another couple of weeks pass by without any post - except from earlier this morning - but I feel it's time to throw some thoughts on some...electronic paper.

For Pablo's 29th birthday I took him to Ristorante Roma‎ off SW 12th street - one of our favorite Italian spots in PDX.  Check out their menu at ristoranteromaportland.com‎ - great atmosphere and the food is amazing.  Pablo accidentally knocked his glass over of champagne which was quite comical at the time.





Before dinner we stopped at a relatively new lounge called Gruner, http://www.grunerpdx.com/gallery.htm, just on the corner of 12th and Alder.  Their bar was full so they directed us to their sister lounge just on the other side which I'm afraid I didn't catch the name - though I think it might be the same..anyways I personally loved this lounge because it combined Bend with hipster.  One of the COOLEST things about this lounge that I LOVED were the ice cubes - yes, ICE CUBES.  They were like these large chunks of squared ice - reminding me if a logger were to make ice cubes these would be them - large "mini" chop blocks of ice.  It was really cool and added a little something to the drink - which sucked.  But then again it might have just been the particular combination of alcohol I had...their mixed drinks does not begin to compare to the Saucebox - saucebox.com‎ - at least not from the one time we were there.  I will give them another shot and will decide then.  Again the environment was awesome though - like Bend meets SE PDX.

No comments:

Post a Comment