Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cricket Cafe - and many goodbyes...

This morning a couple of friends got together to say goodbye to Meg - (Blog: Bow Ties Are Cool) before she leaves us and PDX for a year over in London - at an awesome little cafe in the SE called - Cricket Cafe.



Highly recommend this cafe for multiple reasons the first being that the environment is totally typical Portland and I love it.  A mix of hipsters and DINKs (dual-income-no-kids) (a better term for the "yuppy") all come together to enjoy that small town cafe feel in a larger city.

The menu also rocks!  They have your basics, eggs, toast, etc.  but they also provide a large selection of specialty items e.g. challah french toast and numerous "scrambles" that have poached eggs in lieu of scrambled eggs - at least for some dishes.  All together a great experience with great drinks to match.

$$ - They are a little less spendy as Cadillac Cafe but as this post isn't about CC I will dish more on that at another time.  So for now I'm going to start the whole monetary rating scheme...$ being cheap and $$$$ being freaking ridiculous (but totally worth it hopefully!)

The service was very good as well - another plus in my eating world.  Though our server reminded me of my mom a little back in the 80s...haha but that's cool cause it is totally Portland!  Wait...maybe I do like the 80s and 90s more then I think....!

No comments:

Post a Comment